From April 19th to 27th Tehran (Iran) traditionally hosted the Fajr International Film Festival, where a retrospective screening of Georgian films was carried out.
The following Georgian films were screened at the Film Festival:
- "Khibula” directed by Giorgi Ovashvili;
- "Luka” directed by Giorgi Barabadze;
- "House of Others” directed by Rusudan Glurjidze;
- "Scary Mother” directed by Ana Urushadze;
- "Dede” directed by Mariam Khachvani.
Besides, the film "Khibula” directed by Giorgi Ovashvili and the animated film "Lile” by Natia Nikolashvili participated in the competition section: Eastern Vista of the Film Festival.
It should be noted, that Salome Demuria – Georgian actress was a member of the jury of one of the sections of the Fajr International Film Festival. Salome Demuria and a Georgian film director Irakli Baghaturia participated in the panel discussion dedicated to the recent success of Georgian film industry.