The Georgian National Film Center is actively involved in the development of the strategic and research field.
The direction of the strategy and research aims at the following:
- Elaboration of policy for developing the Georgian film sector;
- Researching relevant information and gaining experience;
- Development of strategic partnerships at the local and international levels;
- Support for the development of cinema infrastructure;
- Description of the economic potential of the film industry;
Creative Economic Map
GNFC plans to produce a map identifying the economic impact of film as a creative industry in Georgia. The mapping studies will help policy makers develop the local film sector as one of the key drivers of regeneration and cultural tourism.
An awareness campaign will be organized to promote the importance of the film industry as a commercial business. Based on the results, GNFC will collate data evidence that film production is important not just culturally but also economically. Public investment in the film sector will then bring about both cultural and economic benefits for Georgia.